The Pan-European network of national platforms engaging in IPBES brings together the national platforms in Europe working at the science-policy interface in the biodiversity arena to strengthen the links between the national scientific community, the administrative and political actors and other stakeholders in these countries.
Being one of their current shared issues, the national platforms support the engagement of their national biodiversity communities in the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service (IPBES). Through the Pan-European network of national platforms engaging in IPBES, they merge their long-term experience in the IPBES and related processes, and provide a common space for sharing knowledge, resources, opinions and lessons learned regarding IPBES.
Specific objectives of the Pan-European network of national platforms engaging in IPBES and its communication are :
- Linking national platforms working on IPBES-related issues in Europe (and Central Asia)
- Facilitating the ongoing development of an European network working on IPBES issues
- Stimulating and supporting the establishment of national platforms in interested countries
- Illustrating the organization of the IPBES landscape on the particular national level
- Supporting capacity building and mutual understanding
- Posting up-to-date information on the IPBES and related national and international processes and events
- Facilitating information exchange and dissemination
The network currently counts seven countries :
Interested national platforms are warmly invited to join the network.